Thursday 13 November 2008

Quantum of Solace

Something had been bugging me since I saw Quantum of Solace yesterday, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. I really enjoyed the film, but I felt that there was something missing - a certain spark. I have now realised what it was.

The film was a fantastic action film, but it wasn't really a Bond film! It had none of the Bond-isms that we all love and expect. I realise that the producers were aiming for more realism, but at the end of the day who really watches a Bond film for realism? We watch it for the gorgeous girls, expensive cars and the rapier wit, which were somehow missing form Quantum.

Also, unless I missed it, he didn't even say the "Bond, James Bond" line, making this the first official Bond film where this line is not utterred.

No comments: