Monday 17 December 2007

Voyage of the Damned

After watching previews for the 2007 Doctor Who Christmas Special, 'Voyage of the Damned', I have come to the conclusion that Russel T Davies has been watching a little too much Futurama!
I refer, of course, to the first season episode 'A Flight to Remember', where Fry, Leela, Bender etc. took a vacation aboard the luxury liner Starship Titanic, which looked very similar to the Titanic in the 'Voyage of the Damned'! Plus, I don't know what those flaming things shooting towards the Titanic are in the Doctor Who preview, but they reminded me of the comets from the Futurama episode! As Zap Brannigan stated, "Ah, yes. Comets. The icebergs of the sky!"
However, 'Voyage of the Damned' still looks great, and I can't wait till Christmas Day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do believe you are right. It seems a little too much like that Futurama episode..

I watched a cinema trailer for it when I saw The Golden Compass, it looks cool, should be fun, but wheres Kiff!!!

Dan