Monday 23 June 2008

Coincidence?

I was looking through the screenplays for the later episodes of The David Elworthy Series today. As I read through Episode 6, I saw something that made me smile.

Episode 6, which is called ‘The man With The Golden Llama’, is about a lost Incan city that turns out to have extraterrestrial connections. Captain Elworthy, Professor Richards, and a female archaeologist they have met, travel to South America to uncover the secrets of the lost city (bear in mind that I wrote this story over a year and a half ago – before the new Indiana Jones film was released, with a similar storyline!)!

What I smiled at, though, was exactly where in South America Elworthy travelled to – Peru! The reason I smiled, for those of you who don’t remember, was because in the Doctor Who Sontaran two-parter that was on a few weeks ago, Colonel Mace told the Doctor that Sir Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart was stranded in Peru!!!

Now, my story is set a year before the Sontaran story, but it is fun to hypothesise that perhaps Sir Alistair was in Peru because of Elworthy’s lost city. Perhaps there to oversee a clean-up operation, or to give his expert opinion on various alien artefacts that had come to light! Why he would be stranded, though, is beyond me - maybe Elworthy forgot to deactivate an alien trap!!

No comments: